My production skills improved greatly in terms of production design. Starting this project, I had no idea how to format a magazine, write a magazine article, or edit pictures.
While at my main photoshoot in the skatepark, I improved my camerawork. I started by just taking straight-on pictures of my models standing awkwardly. After a while, I already started to adapt. I started directing my models on what to do with their faces and bodies and I started changing the camera angles.
This also increased my creativity. During the photoshoot for my cover photo, I originally had my model, Alexa, up against a blank wall to be pictured. I wanted better natural lighting, so I opened my white heavy curtains. I then decided that we should take pictures in front of the folds of the curtains, which ultimately resulted in a much more pleasing image. While photographing Alexa, I constantly directed her on how to move her face and how she should pose, which I was unable to do at the beginning of this project.
The production quality of my magazine also improved over the course of the class. The first draft of my magazine featured a cutout of Alexa's head with a pink background on the cover, a short article with poorly centered words, and more pink backgrounds. I changed this all; I left the background behind Alexa, I rewrote my article, and I removed unnecessary pinkness from my page backgrounds.
Overall, my magazine and my skills have both seen massive improvements. I have evolved in my ability as a magazine editor, article author, and photographer.
No comments:
Post a Comment