Friday, April 17, 2020

CCR Question #4 Draft


Technology is obviously essential to the process of making a magazine. 


For my pictures, I used by iPhone X with 4K resolution. For me, it was the easiest device to use and transfer pictures from, so it made the most sense to use.

When I first started making the magazine, I used Microsoft Publisher to design my pages. This resulted in a janky looking first draft of a magazine (The poor first draft was really my fault, however.) with poorly placed words in the article.

By the time of the final draft, I switched my used to Adobe InDesign which resulted in a much more cohesive looking magazine.

Most importantly, however, Was my improvement with photoshop. Initially, I used the quick select tool and the eraser to cut out the outlines of my models, which resulted in my photos being pixelated at the edges. The more I practiced though, the more I learned about how to use photoshop. I started using the pen tool to cut out people from their backgrounds, I used a lightening mode on some of my model's clothing to make them appear brighter, and I removed my models' acne and dark circles using a combination of the smudge tools, drawing tools, and eyedropper tools.

Clearly, modern technology is a necessity for making a magazine and it is important to practice with said tech to nake the best quality possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment