Thursday, October 31, 2019

Project Selection- Film

Today, films are a primary method of relaying information from creator to consumer. This is displayed by the increasing numbers of people who watch the news rather than reading the newspaper. The information relayed can be anything from fictional comedy to a somber documentary, leaving room for lots of styles and genres. Because of the importance of film in today's media, I should consider making a film for my project.

I believe that I would have fun making a film. I would most likely make a comedy or a horror movie because those are both of my favorite genres. I honestly do not know how the script writing process would go- if it would be easy or hard to write a script. If I can come up with a concept to write about, I think the script writing process would be easy; otherwise, coming up with the idea would be difficult.

Another struggle of making a film would be poor acting. I know that Cambridge does not deduct points for poor acting, but because I am a perfectionist,  I need my actors to be very good. No matter what project I do, I will be using my friends as the actors or models, so I think it would be easier to make them models. All of my friends are gorgeous, therefore probably great models, but none of them have had any experience acting. That being said, yes they all look amazing, but that does not necessarily mean they would be good at posing- so maybe I shouldn't compare the ease of modeling to acting.

Pros of making a film:
  • it would be fun
  • I would get to make a comedy
  • (I think) I would enjoy script writing
Cons of making a film:
  • it would be difficult
  • I cannot stand poor acting
  • the concept would be difficult to come up with

No comments:

Post a Comment