Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Project Selection- Magazine

Currently, I am thinking about making a magazine. As I have learned in class, print media plays an essential role of the making of history. Starting with the printing press and moving forward to the headlines exploiting the Watergate scandal, print media has always help the utmost importance. Magazines, specifically, range from many topics and can influence whatever topic they belong to.

I obviously want to do a project that would have cultural significance, so maybe a magazine would not be the way to go. Despite the great triumphs of print media in the past, films and videos are now gaining the limelight. I know that what I will be doing is not going to affect real life because it will not be published, but I feel the need to treat this project as if it will be. I want to produce a piece of media that will look professional in terms of quality, which may be easier to do with a magazine.

Magazines also seem like they would be more fun to do- I have some ideas for a magazine already and they are all things I would love to do. For example, I can make a food magazine and go to restaurants to review them (Yum!) or I can make a style magazine and dress and photograph my friends.

Pros of making a magazine:
  • it's easier (I don't have to deal with bad actors)
  • it will be fun 
  • print media has served as a largely important figure for hundreds of years
Cons of making a magazine:
  • it will still be hard (school work is never easy)
  • print media is not nearly as significant as it used to be and is now taking a backseat to videos
  • it would be hard to narrow down to a topic because there are too many things I want to do


No comments:

Post a Comment