Friday, January 10, 2020

Use of Conventions

The magazine that I made was not perfect by any means, but it is pretty original. My magazine is a teen fashion and lifestyle magazine, similar to Teen Vogue. However, my magazine differs in content and look. In Teen Vogue the photographs are mostly editorial, like the real Vogue, and the content revolves much more around beauty than mine. My magazine also is more about student life than Teen Vogue’s is; I have articles on study habits and student life. However, my cover photo is editorial, but my other photos are not. Like most of the other magazines I reviewed, I kept a consistent color theme of pink.

Because of the nature of my magazine's genre, I do not address any real social issues, but I do incorporate many different teen cultures; I include study, goth, trendy, and editorial culture. I tried to be as diverse as possible in terms of the topics. However, I could not make the magazine intentionally racially diverse because I only asked my immediate friend group to be my models. It just so happened that one of my models is black and another has some Native American descent. Overall, my magazine has a good representation of different people and social groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment