Friday, November 15, 2019

Genre Research: Vogue

Vogue was first an American Publication in 1892 and was bought by Condé Nast publications in 1909. After being bought, vogue became known for the fashion and editorial looks which they are known for today. Now, they are easily the most influential fashion magazine in America, being our “fashion bible”.

According to vogue, they have 24.6 monthly readers, 118.7 million followers on social media, and 94.1 unique users on their websites.

This is the cover page for Vogue, featuring the editorial photography they are famous for. I really like the style of editorial photography and makeup, so I may use that style for one or my photos.



 

These two images are side-by-side in the magazine, and although I really like the full-page images, I will not be able to do in the magazine, due to the requirements of the project. I really like how the golden hue of these images really match the golden dress of the cover. I think that keeping a cohesive theme in a magazine is very important.


 

These two images are an article on designer, Stella McCartney. I really dislike the lack of pictures and the extremely small writing. I have a very short attention span, so an article that looks like this is something that I cannot do in my magazine. However, I do enjoy the humor of the article, especially the way it starts with the first sentence (quite the attention grabber!).

This image here is a promotional card that is inside each copy of the magazine. It is a way to get more people to subscribe to their magazines. Other than this, there were also free samples of cosmetics, which I personally found was a very nice touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment