Monday, December 16, 2019

Cover Design and Table of Contents Template


This is the finalized flat plan for my magazine. However, I may change it depending on the article's length and images. 

At the top, you can see I am trying to decide which cover page to use; the only difference being the title font. I really like both fonts because this is a teen magazine, and like teens, I wanted the font to be big and bold, as is the rest of the text. 

Inspired by the pink theme of the Seventeen Magazine, I decided to also do a pink theme with a blue border on each page (it is my favorite color after all). The Table of Contents pages are both inspired by the many magazines I've read. Most of them have easy to read print (which is a must because I am near blind) and lost of images from different articles. I changed around some of the articles, namely Going Goth! because when I was making out the layout for the page, I realized that the perfect image for that tall slot would be my goth friend, Allie. She is extremely tall and I was super inspired and wanted her to be on the first Table of Contents page, so I moved the Going Goth! article. 

As you can see, the Revival of Y2K article is stated to begin on the eighth page but starts on the fourth. This is because in real life there would be ads between the Table of Contents pages and the first article, so I left room for those ads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment